Friday, September 19, 2008

Nerd Alert! Lord of the Rings Symphony

If you hit the streets of St Lou tonight or tomorrow night, you will probably notice the absence of J.R.R. Tolkien-lovin', Rings-theme-a-hummin' nerds. Why? They've all congregated at Powell Symphony Hall to listen to Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings symphony as performed by the St Louis Symphony Orchestra. So, what's my story you ask? Well, I do like Tolkien and I did like Peter Jackson's screen version of his books, but I'm no professional sci-fi geek. Neither is Bill. But we do support SLSO (we've been season ticket holders for years now). And since they're trying some new programming ideas to attract a more diverse crowd, we wanted to support their efforts. Plus, I knew the music would be great as would the people watching opportunities (and, boy, were they ever!). And, *nerdy-nerd alert*, both shows are already sold out! Good for SLSO! And, good for me that I thought to buy my tickets ahead of time.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Ralph's World at the Duck Room and Lord of the Rings at Powell Hall. What wide-ranging music tastes you have!