Thursday, July 09, 2009

Onesto Pizza and Trattoria

Onesto Pizza and Trattoria had come up in recent conversations that I've had with people about restaurants that they wanted to try. An upcoming dinner date with my friend Laura provided me the perfect opportunity to give Onesto a try. Beforehand, not having met anyone who had actually been there, I went straight to my source for all things restaurant in the St Louis area, Sauce Magazine. I didn't read any reviews but I did scope out the menu which looked promising for a causal dinner or lunch. Laura and I planned an early dinner tonight so we arrived before the mad rush. And, it was a full house by 6:30 -- both inside and out on the patio. The wait staff was very friendly and, initially, very attentive but that waned as the restaurant became more and more crowded -- but I never felt totally neglected. Our order was place, salads were brought out, followed by the pizza that we had ordered. The Caesar, sans chicken (i HATE chicken), was very good -- just the perfect amount of all things Caesar. The pizza was hot and tasty with a sauce that was especially catchy -- not too tart, not too sweet (but definitely more on the sweet side). Overall - good food, good atmosphere, good time. I left feeling that another visit would be in order soon (calzone, here I come!).

No comments: