Sunday, August 10, 2008

CraftaNostra

By day, I'm a wanna be academic and teacher. By night, a frustrated writer/artist/crafter who lacks the time/inspiration/talent. Luckily, for me, and those out there like me, STL has been brewing a pretty decent indie art and crafter scene for the last few years (no doilies here!). And, the shows have never let me down: edgy, original, interesting, quality, affordable artsy craftsy wares. That said, it pains me greatly to say what I'm about to say. But, I have to say it~~what was up with the CraftaNostra craft sale last night? And no disrespect to the ladies and gents of the St. Louis Craft Mafia but there was maybe a third as much stuff as the last couple of sales, most coming from the same crafters who, I'm sorry to say, are putting out the same ol' stuff. I'm gonna have a hard time convincing myself that it's worth the trip next time. My rating? L as in LAME!

No comments: