Thursday, June 26, 2008

Book Review: When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris

David Sedaris is, and I'm takin' it back 90's style, da bomb. He would be "the person that I would most like to have dinner with" except I doubt he'd go for it. My loss. Oh well. So, Sedaris has a new book of essays out titled, When You Are Engulfed in Flames. As usual, it is effortlessly witty, insightful, and hilarious. Not as laugh-out-loud funny as some of his earlier work, but really funny nonetheless. I can't decide which story is my favorite. Go buy it. Read it. Leave a comment telling me which is your favorite and why.

1 comment:

a.eye said...

I can't decide which is my favorite either. I laughed out loud several times. But I thought that some of his previous books have been all around funnier. My favorite all time story is the one with the toilet issues in Me Talk Pretty One Day.