Friday, April 25, 2008

What Color is Your Dress?


It's prom season. Boobs and boutonnieres. woo hoo. When I was in high school, I refused to go to prom. If I remember it was something about...exploitative, excessiveness, starving children, and, probably, "the establishment" (because really, what isn't it behind). I've never regretted not going yet I find myself rather strangely excited about chaperoning this year's MRH Prom, which is tomorrow night at the Sheldon. After some careful consideration, I've decided that my desire to be part of this prom experience stems from: #1 My unfaltering love of the movie Pretty in Pink, and #2 The love that I feel for the kids that I teach (you know, wanting to be part of their happiness & fun & whatnot).

1 comment:

a.eye said...

Was it all you imagined -- and so much more?