Monday, March 14, 2011

Book Review: The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint by Bradley Udall

Okay. I am not a romantic. Never have been. Probably never will be. But I’m the first to admit that I’m otherwise easily moved. As in I can, and will, cry about most anything else that tugs at the old heartstrings. Ad nauseam. It’s a sickness really. Thank you inventor of waterproof mascara! That said, Bradley Udall’s The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint made me cry. As in I had to put this book aside occasionally because I was so saddened by it kind of crying. Edgar, his life, was so, so heartbreaking. Yet, he remained so innocent, so good, so hopeful, and so resilient. Ugh. It think that I’m about to cry right now. It’s just too much! If you’re a fan of John Irving or John Kennedy O’Toole, like I am, do yourself a favor and spend sometime with Edgar Mint. You won’t be disappointed.

No comments: