Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Visiting City Garden





We finally visited City Garden a couple of weeks ago. While I didn't get to explore and appreciate the art as much as I would have liked to -- my tour guide was an impatient, swimming-suit wearing 4-year old named Willa -- I was still impressed. For those of you who don't consider yourself an art buff, I say no fear! The sculptures here are very accessible -- they are easily and straight-forwardly interpreted, they have a broad asthetic appeal, and, for those of you in the kinesthetic crowd, using and touching is encouraged! If you haven't had a chance to get to the City Garden, I highly recommend it. We had a great time. It was especially awesome to be a part of a big, happy, eclectic crowd of people enjoying friends, family, and art on a hot Sunday afternoon.

No comments: