Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bill and Bob: Birthday Fun

May 24th is the birthday of Bill (as in my husband) and Bob (as in Dylan). Bob sent his regrets.... previous engagement or something like that. So, Bill and I started off at Revival, which now occupies the space where King Louie's used to be. I had mixed emotions about going from the start. I was HUGE King Louie fan! Loved the atmosphere, loved the food, loved the drinks, loved the patio. And, based upon the positive reviews, I was worried that I might like it just as much, or more, as King Louie's and that would betray my fond memories. But, life goes on and so we went to Revival. In general, the food was good--not memorable--but good. But, if you go, do try the spicy rubbed ribs (appetizers). They were awesome! The space was itself had changed very little--great booths and tables, awesome bar, awesome woodwork~all still there! But they painted the walls white --totally changed the feel of the place. Not bad, not good, just bright.


After dinner, we went to The Pageant to see Robert Earl Keen. I can't remember how many times we've seen him now but he never disappoints. He starts right up, plays song after song without stop and without much chit chat, and wraps things up with an encore song. No pretense, just great music. I guess that's why the place is always packed.

No comments: