Saturday, July 03, 2010

Tower Grove Farmers Market

We finally made it to the market for the first time this summer! In July! I can't believe that it took so long for us to get there. Great experience as usual. Fresh produce, fresh cheeses, fresh meats, and freshly made food, coffee, tea, and other other edible treats. And, I can't forget the great artisans too! The market's grown a lot over the years. More vendors and larger crowds. They also have yoga outside at the back side of the pavilion at 9am each Saturday. I've never been but I hear that they've had nearly 100 people every Saturday. That must be an amazing sight to see! There's also entertainment; today a bluegrass band was playing. I'd be remiss if I didn't also mention the wading pool and fountain. The pool and the possibility of running into school and neighborhood friends is the only way that we can get Willa excited about going. We mostly looked around today. Since we garden too there isn't a whole lot at the market that we don't already have growing in our backyard. Today, we brought home fresh goat cheese, green beans, corn, and peaches.

No comments: