Friday, August 17, 2007

New School Year, New High School






This is my 9th year of teaching. Can you believe it? Last school year my high hopes of teaching in the history department at Roosevelt High School were dashed when I was 'bumped' out of that position. I ended up at Gateway in the special ed department, which was a great learning experience but not a permanent career move. Through a colleague, I found out about an open history position at Maplewood Richmond Heights High School so I interviewed (again--I did last year as well) and was offered the position. The school has undergone a major interior renovation and looks absolutely amazing! Here are some photos of my room. How could you not learn in this space?

2 comments:

Dona said...

Sweeeeet!

Carrie said...

Christy, your dad told me about your new teaching position! I am glad you are finally out of the city system and hope that you have great success with the new kids you will encounter. By the way, your classroom looks so comfy!!